Editing / Correction / Stylizing / Revision
There are many versions of text-management, and the definitions are often mixed. We provide everything our customers need.
Afford Translations Agency’s text-management solutions:
- Rough translation (Translation Only / T Only) – translation of source text into the target language(s).
- Completeness check – the text is checked in the target language against the source text for completeness (paragraphs, footnotes, and formulas not left out, etc.).
- Quality Assurance (QA) – completeness check, and beyond that a comparison check of basic text elements against the source text (numbers, proper names, etc.).
- Correction – spelling, grammar, and minor stylistic revisions
- Proofreading – in essence, correction of the target-language translation text, taking into account the source-language text
- Technical Proofreading – proofreading as above, but with emphasis on an area of expertise and its technical terminology
- Stylization – adaptation of the style of the text to suit its intended use
- Editing, Desktop Publishing – end to end treatment and management of the text and other elements (tables, pictures, etc.), beyond the language itself, also based on logical and thematic criteria, intended to bring the text up to a publishable standard.
We provide exactly what our customers need.
Request a quote, or order text-management services!
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Central Europe, has
had a contractual relationship with Afford since 2009. Generally, we
request the translation of complicated legal texts, often with very
short deadlines. We always get quality work that holds our long-standing
working relationship together. We especially appreciate the high degree
of flexibility, customer orientation and personalized, custom
administration, as well as the confidential treatment of materials sent.
It is important that we can always count on Afford. Moreover, Afford is
open to criticism and suggestions for improvement, and requests these,
because they are progress-oriented.