Khmer translator / Khmer technical translation / Khmer technical translator / Khmer interpreter
Facts about the Khmer language:
The Khmer language is the official language of Cambodia and the Khmer people. This is the second foremost Austroasiatic language, its speakers number several tens of millions. A strong influence of the Sanskrit and Pali can be found in the Khmer language, especially in the royal and religious registers, through Hinduism and Buddhism.
Due to their geographical proximity, the Khmer, Thai, Lao, Vietnamese and Cham languages mutually influenced each other, which together form a language group on the South-East Asian peninsulas. The Khmer language is distinguished from the surrounding languages in that it is not a tonal language. Khmer is divided into several dialects, the speakers of which mutually understand each other:
- Battambangi, which is spoken in Northern Cambodia.
- the capital’s Phnom Penh dialect, which is widespread in the surrounding provinces.
- Northern Khmer, also known as , which is spoken by the Khmer ethnic group in North-East Thailand.
- Khmer Krom or Southern Khmer, which is used in the Mekong Delta by the native Khmer population.
- Cardamom Khmer, an archaic form, which is spoken by a small population in Cravan (or Cardamom) Mountains in Western Cambodia.
The Khmer have their own abugida writing, called Aksar Khmer in Khmer.
What we offer: Khmer translation, Khmer technical translation, Khmer native-language proofreading, Khmer technical proofreading, Khmer official translation, Khmer interpreting – Request a quote, or order Khmer translation, or Khmer interpreting!